12 January 2013

Finally, we moved to the era of stereo


(A SONY CD radio cassette recorder in front of an HMV gramophone)

The very first piece of audio equipment we have bought since we moved to the condo we currently live in October 2009 is a SONY Bravia TV. Apart from this and the DVD drive in my laptop, there wasn't any other sound-producing apparatus in our home until September 2010 when I bought an HMV 101, a vintage portable hand-cranked gramophone. The third piece is another spring-wound device, an HMV 103 I bought in November 2010.

I suppose that music professors always have great, if not high-end, stereo or audio-visual systems. Nevertheless, I don't, probably because I'm just an adjunct one. I always tell my son that he who intends to listen to music, except watching TV or using a computer, must wind up the spring so that a sound retrieval system can work. No pains, no gains; no labour, no music.

However, my words are no longer justifiable, as my wife bought a Sony CFDS05 CD Radio Cassette Recorder Boombox. We're now in the era of electric powered players.

The boombox was inaugurated by having the honour of playing my favourite album El Agua de la Alhambra, the music delivered in the so-called LDR suite where my son was born. We have now an alternative, in addition to the gramophones, to play some music at home.

No comments: